An argument that Philadelphia, PA, USA is a growing innovation center; Missing child in Minnesota found safe with heat-seeking drone; Facebook CEO says the company will drop out if Libra doesn't pass regulatory muster; Economists win Nobel prize for pioneering experimental work; and a Steem essay describing a hike through the Marmarosh Mountain Range
Straight from my RSS feed
Whatever gets my attention
Links and micro-summaries from my 1000+ daily headlines. I filter them so you don't have to.
pixabay license: source.
- Why Philadelphia’s hard-working mentality is key to its business innovation success - In this op-ed, entrepreneur and investment partner, Michael DiPiano says that Philadelphia has a well-deserved reputation for grittiness and hard work, but he says the city is underrated as the innovation center that it is. In particular, he points to the city's 1,500 start-ups, 128 local firms on the Inc. 5000 list, and the accelerator program at the University City Science Center as evidence of fast-paced innovation. He adds that the city has favorable demographics and economic conditions to keep the innovation growing.
- MAN USES HIS HEAT-SEEKING DRONE TO FIND MISSING CHILD - On Tuesday, a six-year old boy went missing while walking his dog in Minnesota. The community and police joined in the search for him, including a local police helicopter. Ten after he disappeared, he was found by a local reporter with a heat-seeking drone. The boy was lying in a field with his dog, Remington, about a mile from his home. Aside from being cold, the boy was healthy, and he returned home after evaluation at a local hospital.
This local news story is embedded in the article.
In order to help make Steem the go to place for timely information on diverse topics, I invite you to discuss any of these links in the comments and/or your own response post.
- Burn Steem/SBD - @null - 5%
- Cited author(s) - @yetaras - 10%
- Fundraising for the Rustin Golden Knights Marching Band - @rgkmb-unofficial - 10%
- Posting and/or scheduling service (steempeak.com) - @steempeak - 5%
- Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) curation on Steem - @steemstem - 5%
- Steem/API services (anyx.io) - anyx - 5%
- Steem/RSS services (steemrss.com) - torrey.blog - 5%
Sharing a link does not imply endorsement or agreement, and I receive no incentives for sharing from any of the content creators.
Thanks to SteemRSS from philipkoon, doriitamar, and torrey.blog for the Steem RSS feeds!