Anyone in steem blockchain is already aware of the splinterland/steemmonster game. (I will be surprised if somebody say no.) I think most of you already aware of the current power up promotion. Almost everyone has tell you that it is awesome/golden deal but I will like to point you mathematically that in this deal you are getting few things for free.(if you have investment potential of 1 million DEC)
Sourced from brgfx/Freepik
There are few assumption on my side for this calculation.
- You are getting the full affiliate bonus (5% in value)
- You are getting packs from monster market or peakmonster thaat are returning 2% value of your transaction.
- You are getting the all the steem i.e powered up as part of promotion.
- You are purchasing packs with DEC and purchasing 500+75 bonus packs.
Now its time to calculation.
5% DEC cashback as affiliate bonus = 50000 DEC.
2% DEC cashback for buying packs from third party site= 20000 DEC
so DEC that required to be spent is 1000000-50000-20000= 930000
steem used for purchasing DEC (assuming .0026 steem per DEC) = 930000*.0026 = 2418 steem.
Numbers of pack received will be 500+75 = 575 packs. Assuming each pack sells for 3.5 steem( price in steem -engine) then it will fetch 575*3.5= 2012.5 steem.
I purchased 100 packs and get powered up for 83.5 stteem, so purchasing 500 pack will fetch 83.5 *5=417.5 steem.
So total steem earned will be = 417.5+2012.5 -2418 =12.5 steem
so what exact thing you are getting as freebies?
- You are getting profit of 12.5 cm instantaneously.
- You will be getting maverick status.
- You will be eligible for all future airdrops.
So my calculation and guess shows that there are lot of freebie stuff for the grab and deal should be grabbed.
I myself purchased 100 packs and got 10 as bonus packs. To me , buying 500 packs look a best deal.
What can go wrong/Conclusion.
- Monster/packs market price can dip more than expected.
- Though price do not dip but it will difficult to sell cards in large quantities when official channel are giving so lucrative deals.
3 Powered up steem needs 13 weeks to be liquidated .
What to do?
you need to do "due dilligence" of your own before making up your mind.
I am not a financial advisor and purchased 100 packs (+ 10 bonus) in this promotion.
Posted via Steemleo